Our purpose is to enable young people from the Lothians to access and sustain the key services they require to make a safe transition to adult responsibilities including independent living, employment, further education and training. We believe that young people should determine the shape of their futures and participate fully in the social, economic, political and cultural life of their communities.
For over 30 years, Bridges Project has been working hand-in-hand with vulnerable and marginalised young people to enable them to make the changes required to transform their lives and become included, involved and resilient young adults; able to climb the ladders of online roulette live opportunity and take the first steps in their personal pathways towards fulfilled and rewarding lives. We achieve this by:
- offering good quality, meaningful services, which value young people’s strengths and work with their inter-related needs and the barriers to progress. We listen to the views of young people in designing and monitoring our services which are adapted to their changing circumstances, aspirations and ambitions
- committing to working in local partnerships with statutory, voluntary and third sector organisations to maximise resources and benefits for young people, using approaches which are informed by an understanding of their needs and wishes
- recruiting, supporting and valuing high quality staff, volunteers and trustees who share our values of respect, inclusiveness, equality and innovation
- remaining independent and local which enables us to gain an excellent understanding of and responsive to the changing needs of young people and our partners who work with them
- demonstrating to funders, partners and the public that we provide value for money, have good governance and strive to be professional in all our undertakings